Sunday, January 24, 2010

Coupon is a dirty word?

After being poked at to help out others during my quest for money saving, I am now blogging. This is the first of hopefully many posts to share my great finds, savings and all around fun I have while saving that scrilla.

Sometimes I shop in packs, with friends or family members tagging along. Sometimes they are embarassed of my supa dupa sexy coupon book, and how I stop at every clearance sign and dig to see if I can get things for free. Why? Why pay full price for something you can get for free for the sake of someone seeing you or thinking less of you for using a coupon.

I was raised "free shopping" with my mom in So Cal at Ralph's. Lovely Ralph's doubled any and all coupons, stacked coupons and my frugal mom would throw me in the stroller and off we went. Her favorite thing to tell people about me as a kid is her having me trained. I would want something in the store and I would look at her and say:

"Mama, you can't buy that for me because you don't have a toopon!"

or something like that.

We did rebates, we clipped, hit numerous stores. It was great times that I was too young to remember, really. But, being frugal really was ingrained in me. Yay mom.

Later I'll start uploading receipts and talking about my fun times in Coupon Land.

3 comments:

  1. sweet. I need to get better at this. Can we start a coupon commune?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will frequent this bloggy, I'm interested in your skillz

    ReplyDelete